Gifts Projects Home
The Foundation has provided grants for facilities and equipment operated and managed by John Knox Village. It also supports initiatives that contribute to the implementation of the Village's strategic and long-range plans. Some of the most notable gifts to the Village include Village Care Center ice cream parlor expansion, the Squire Anderson Fitness Center, the Russell C Flake Child Development Center and renovation of the John Knox Village Chapel.
The John Knox Village Foundation is a separate 501c(3) from the Village with its own Board of Trustee which administers the policies of the Foundation. The activities of the Foundation are supported in three ways.
- Annual contributions from residents and friends of the Village
- Memorial gifts from residents and families
- Estate gifts from Village residents and friends of the Foundation
The Foundation at John Knox Village was established August 16, 1983, so that residents and friends of John Knox Village could assist in funding facilities and programs that would not be possible utilizing existing funding resources.
- To make gifts for facilities operated by John Knox Village and grants for programs run by or managed by John Knox Village staff members or volunteers.
- To support activities that provide, promote or contribute to the physical, spiritual, and mental health of the elderly of society.
- To assist with the implementation of the strategic and long-range plans of John Knox Village.
The John Knox Village Foundation is governed by a Board of nine Trustees. Three of the Trustees will be residents of the Village, three will be members of the Board of Directors of John Knox Village and three will be members at large from the business community.
The John Knox Village Foundation has been approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501-C-3 organization. All gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible to the fullest extent that the law allows.
To give a gift that enriches the lives of older adults, contact the Village Foundation office at (816) 347-2382.